UPDATE: GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED.
It’s been about six months since we launched Raising Real Readers, although it was a dream of ours for years before we ever hit “publish” on that first post. Since June, you have filled our comments, social media channels, and even email inboxes with questions, concerns, fears, and excitement about your child’s reading habits. We are enormously grateful that you have allowed us into your home to be a small part of your family’s reading routine.
Maybe you’ve purchased a book we recommended. Or tried out one of our suggested tips. Some of you have shared that our advice has been helpful in encouraging your child to persevere through the difficulties that learning to read sometimes presents. Perhaps you’ve gotten more involved in the library at your child’s school, or even supported the specific classroom library that your child’s teacher tries to maintain.
Regardless of how you interact with Raising Real Readers, we want to thank you for being here.
Whether your family already has a deep affection for reading, or if you’re just starting out on your journey toward a lifelong love of books, you are welcome here.
As a way of showing thanks for supporting this website, we are giving away a book to one family, customized to their child’s ages and interests. Simply leave us a comment with the first name, age, topics or genres of interest, and any favorite books that your child has read in the past. Basically enough information that we can come up with a book recommendation for your child that they will hopefully love. If you have more than one child, you may leave a separate comment for each child. Grandparents, caregivers, aunts, uncles, etc., are welcome to comment also! Babies through teenagers!
And now the fine print:
- This contest is open to anyone 18 years of age and older with a United States mailing address.
- The contest closes at midnight EST on Thursday, November 22, 2018. Any comments left after midnight EST on Thursday, November 22, 2018 will not be considered as entries.
- The winner will be selected at random on Friday, November 23, 2018. All comments we’ve received by the deadline will be printed onto paper, folded up, and one will be randomly drawn by our children. We’ll post the video on Friday on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter… it’s sure to be a hoot. We will not share any personal contact details publicly when selecting the winner.
- We will correspond with the individual who left the winning comment to determine the best way to send your child the paperback book we’ve selected for them (and we’ll double check they haven’t already read it first, of course!)
- Our goal is to ship the book to the winner by Monday, November 26, 2018. This will depend on how promptly the winner responds to us regarding their specific prize.
- If the initially selected winner does not respond to our outreach efforts by Monday, November 26, 2018, a new winner will be randomly drawn the same way.
- Please forgive any delays in announcing a winner or prize delivery due to technical challenges that may arise.
- No purchase necessary to enter. Simply leave us a comment on this post.
While there can only be one winner, we DO hope to utilize the entries as a jumping off point for custom recommendations for all who enter. Stay tuned for that!
Join in the fun and leave us a comment, hopefully we’ll all get lots of new book ideas from this generous, supportive community.